The Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
Established in 1964, the AWL operate the state's largest animal shelter, re-homing, and reuniting up to 12,000 lost, surrendered and abandoned animals per year.
Part time position
The veterinarian will work closely with the veterinary team, Animal Welfare Manager and the Animal Welfare Sub-Committee to ensure that AWL remains at the forefront of providing innovative and quality services to the animals in our care.
This part time role (3 days per week) will suit someone who is flexible, energetic, intuitive and motivated with the following skills and experience
- Current registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of issues relating to animal welfare
- Experience working in a shelter or pound environment is desirable
- Demonstrate business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small team
Please address your application to the AWLSA People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email to:
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for this position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.