The Animal Welfare League of SA (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
We operate the state's largest animal shelter and are industry leaders in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of an team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
Please check back here regularly for further employment opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual who will provide supervision, oversight and management of AWL’s thrift shop operations to generate revenue to support AWL’s programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the general operation and success of AWL’s Thrift Stores
- Develop and implement written procedures for store operations
- Coordinate, schedule and manage donation deliveries, pickups and store transfers
- Oversee the processing of donated items, managing the rotation of stock and disposal of unwanted or faulty donated items in a timely fashion
- Manage supply inventory and complete purchase orders for required items
- Ensure all monies received for goods are processed using AWL’s point of sale system
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe workspace for visitors and customers
- Ensure sales performance and budget targets are achieved and reported
- Coordinate the staffing requirements for all stores including identifying recruitment, rostering, training, direction and written and verbal feedback to volunteers
- Analyse sales and current inventory in order to provide projections and recommendations to retain customers and increase sales
- Oversee the display of merchandise inside the store to enhance the appearance and appeal of the stores
- Deliver quality customer service and project a positive and professional image of the AWL
- Promote excellence in the customer service experience for all visitors to the thrift stores
- Deliver exceptional customer service ensuring customer loyalty through building rapport, identifying customer needs, overcoming concerns and seeking understanding and commitment
- Effectively manage customer calls, complaints and follow-ups and in a timely manner
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who is genuine, dynamic and innovative and who possesses exceptional communication and person to person relationship building skills accompanied with high attention to detail.
For further information about the role please read the detailed job description
Please address your application to the People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email to:
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for this position must address the job and person specification and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Friday 22nd June 2018
We are looking for dynamic and team-orientated people to work in our Cremations department on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the Cremations Collection Services Officer will:
- Provide a collection/delivery service of supplies and deceased pets to and from our facility from various animal hospitals on a timely and efficient basis
- Operate the cremation equipment while ensuring proper procedures and processes are followed at all times
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a neat appearance and ensure that contact with the public and customers is carried out in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Demonstrate effective computer skills and the ability to learn new software applications and programs
- Assist with face to face and telephone enquiries
- Assist with day to day administrative functions as required
- Assist with the filling of pet urns as directed
- Ensure all monies received for services rendered is receipted, documented and accounted for
- Ensure that the AWL’s vehicles are maintained and used in an appropriate manner
- Be physically fit and have the capacity to safely lift heavy objects on a repetitive basis
- Be willing to work rotating morning and afternoon shifts
For further information and to access a detailed job description, please visit - www.awl.org.au/about-awl/employment
Please address your application to the AWL People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email.
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for the Cremations Collection Services Officer positions must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: COB Friday 6th July 2018