The Animal Welfare League of SA (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
We operate the state's largest animal shelter and are industry leaders in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of an team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
Please check back here regularly for further employment opportunities.
At the Animal Welfare League of South Australia (AWL), we value the lives of people and pets and encourage a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
With a balance of resilience, compassion and adaptability, we have been offering programs in South Australia that enable responsible pet ownership for over 50 years.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of a team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated person to manage the veterinary and behaviour functions by ensuring the provision of quality veterinary services, animal care and education across all AWL sites.
Reporting to the Animal Operations Manager, the Head Veterinarian will –
- Manage and mentor the Veterinary Services and Behaviour teams
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Veterinary Services through reviewing, establishing, implementing and improving systems, controls, processes and policies in line with best practice
- Ensure AWL compliance as a Veterinary Services Provider and other obligations of the Veterinary Practices Act 2003 and controlled Substances Act 1984
- Identify the immediate and long term needs of animals in care and work with the Veterinary Services team, Behaviour team and Animal Care team to execute plans to ensure the animals' needs are met
- Support and contribute to ongoing strategies to maximise rehabilitation and rehoming outcomes for animals in care
- Build and actively maintain the profile of the AWL through the education and provision of Veterinary and Behavioural Services
- Competently and confidently provide examination, diagnosis, advice, treatment and post-operative care to animals at the AWL
- Demonstrate skills in using equipment and/or interpreting results to treat more complex cases
Please address your application to the AWL People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email.
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for the Head Veterinarian position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Friday 2nd August 2019