The Animal Welfare League of SA (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
We operate the state's largest animal shelter and are industry leaders in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of an team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
Please check back here regularly for further employment opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated person to lead and support the teams responsible for providing care to all the animals in AWL’s Animal Care Centres.
Reporting to the Animal Care Manager, the Animal Care Supervisor will –
- Efficiently and effectively lead and manage the team responsible for high-level care to all animals in AWL’s Animal Care Centres
- Provide leadership and direction to the animal care staff and volunteers
- Participate, contribute and deliver training, coaching and performance review processes with animal care staff and volunteers
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and AWL policies to animal care staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate professional communication with all staff, volunteers and external customers
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy
- Ensure open communication between all AWL departments and managers to resolve any issues that may arise
- Plan, prepare and devise work schedules according to workload demands and organisational need
- Approve staff rosters based on animal occupancy and animal care requirements in line with approved budgets
- Identify areas in need of operational improvement and implement strategies and initiatives to improve animal welfare outcomes and overall service delivery
- Ensure AWL’s Animal Care Centres operate efficiently and within the operating budget
- Monitor and report on Animal Care Centre operations and performance including statistical reporting to the Senior Management Team
- Maximise the effectiveness of AWL’s services by building and maintaining positive relationships and partnerships internally and with other relevant agencies
- Continuous monitoring of ShelterMate and other operational systems to ensure high record keeping standards are maintained, including regular auditing of data quality
- Training new and existing staff in the use of ShelterMate and other relevant operational systems
Please address your application to the AWL People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email.
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for the Animal Care Supervisor position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Friday 23rd November 2018