The Animal Welfare League of SA (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
We operate the state's largest animal shelter and are industry leaders in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of an team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
The position of Executive Assistant is responsible for providing professional administration support to the Board, Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management Team as well as general office administration where required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating meetings and functions including the AGM
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the AWL Board and Committees
- Preparation of other meeting agendas and business papers, attendance and recording of minutes in a professional, accurate, confidential and timely manner
- Effectively drafting correspondence as required
- Undertaking research and analysis of information required by the CEO in relation to priority matters or projects as required
- Coordinating functions and travel arrangements for the CEO as required
- Cooperatively managing CEO’s calendar
- Performing project work and other duties as required
- Supporting the efficiency of the CEO and CEO office through prompting and following up of tasks
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who is genuine, dynamic and innovative and who possesses exceptional communication skills accompanied with high attention to detail.
Please address your application to the People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email to:
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for this position must address the job and person specification and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Pet Cremations Collection Services Officer
Casual positions available
We are looking for dynamic and team-orientated people to work in our Cremations department on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the Cremations Collection Services Officer will:
- Provide a collection/delivery service of animals and goods as directed by the Operations Coordinator on a timely and efficient basis
- Ensure transfer of animals and urns complies with best-practise methods at all times
- Provide compassionate interaction with the general public at all times
- Ensure that contact with the public and customers is carried out in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Assist with face to face and telephone enquiries
- Assist with day to day administrative functions as required
- Assist in the collection of deceased bequests to the AWL
- Operate the crematorium ovens as required and in line with regulations and policy
- Assist with the filling of pet urns as directed
- Ensure all monies received for services rendered is receipted, documented and accounted for
- Ensure that the AWL’s vehicles are maintained and used in an appropriate manner
- Be willing to work rotating morning and afternoon shifts
Please address your application to the AWL People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email.
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for the Cremations Collection Services Officer positions must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Animal Welfare League Australia (AWLA) is seeking a Volunteer Authorised Financial Officer
For more details please visit https://probonoaustralia.com.au/volunteer/authorised-financial-officer/