Cremations Collection Services Officer
Casual Positions Available
We have an opportunity to be part of one of the most dynamic and supportive Pet Cremation teams in South Australia.
At the Animal Welfare League (AWL), we value the lives of people and pets, and encourage a community that values the human animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be part of a team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
About the position
We are looking for dynamic and team-orientated people to work in our Pet Cremations department on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the Cremations Collection Services Officer will:
- Provide a collection/delivery service of supplies and deceased pets to and from our facility from various animal hospitals on a timely and efficient basis
- Operate the cremation equipment while ensuring proper procedures and processes are followed at all times
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a neat appearance and ensure that contact with the public and customers is carried out in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Demonstrate effective computer skills and the ability to learn new software applications and programs
- Assist with face to face and telephone enquiries
- Assist with day to day administrative functions as required
- Assist with the filling of pet urns as directed
- Ensure all monies received for services rendered is receipted, documented and accounted for
- Ensure that the AWL’s vehicles are maintained and used in an appropriate manner
- Be physically fit and have the capacity to safely lift heavy objects on a repetitive basis
- Be willing to work rotating morning and afternoon shifts
Please address your application to the Acting People, Culture & Safety Advisor and email email@example.com
Applications for the Cremations Collection Services Officer positions must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: COB Friday 23rd October 2020