We take the safety of our animals, staff and the community seriously.
We are open and implementing proactive measures to keep our team and customers safe. We are providing our usual services as best we can at this time.
- We are employing social distancing methods, upholding excellent hygiene standards, and using personal protective equipment (PPE) where we need to.
- We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the advice of the Government Health authorities to minimise the spread of the virus.
- If you are in quarantine, self-isolation or have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or feeling ill unwell please do not come to any of our sites, we are sure you understand. Thankyou.
- You can still adopt your next pet from AWL’s Animal Care Centre at Wingfield
- Please only visit our site if you intend to adopt an animal. To ensure the safety of our community and team, we ask that you do not visit the animals in our care unless you are looking to adopt.
- Click here to view all of our animals awaiting homes.
- If you’re having trouble caring for your pet for any reason, please give us a call – we’re here to help.
- Please call our team to book an appointment if you do need to surrender your pet.
- Yes, we’re still here looking after lost abandoned and surrendered pets in our care.
- If you can see your lost pet on our website, please contact your local council to organise your pet’s reclaim. Once you’ve paid your reclaim fee you can collect your pet from their listed site.
- If you’re self-isolating, feeling unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit our site. Call us to organise another option.
- We are still taking pet boarding bookings and our team will ensure your pet enjoys their holiday with us.
- We are implementing preventative measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 to our team and customers.
If you are in quarantine, self-isolation or have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or are feeling ill unwell please do not come to AWL to collect your pet. Instead:
- Friend or family member can collect for you: with your permission and proof of identity, our team will allow your pet to be collected by a family member or friend.
- AWL transport: We will not risk the safety of your pet or our team by bringing the pet directly to your property, but with your permission and proof of identity, AWL’s team will transport your pet to a family member’s or friend’s house instead.
- Pet Taxi: You can organise for a Pet Taxi service to collect and drop-off your pet.
- Extend their stay with us: If your pet needs to stay with us for longer. We will extend your booking if space allows however a fee will apply for the extra dates.
- We are committed to supporting pet owners who are sadly farewelling their pets. Our respectful Pet Cremation service will continue through this time.
- If you would like a private viewing to say goodbye to your beloved pet, please contact our team.
- AWL’s Pet Cremations team will be taking extra precautionary measures and will be wearing full personal protective equipment to ensure everyone’s safety.
AWL Thrift Shops
- Our Thrift Shops and Sorting Centre are open.
- Our shops are vital sources of income for the pets in our shelter, we can't wait to see you back in-store.
- For everyone's safety, we are implementing a range of social distancing measures and extra hygiene practices for our team and customers.
- Our social distancing practices may limit the number of people allowed inside the building, we appreciate your patience. Thank you.
- We love good quality, clean donations of many items - if you would give it to a friend, please donate it to us. Head to our Thrift Shops page to see the full list of items we accept.
You can drop off your donations in our designated bins at:
- All Thrift Shops during opening hours, or
- AWL Sorting Centre (Unit 8, 55 Kapara Rd, Gillman)
How can you help?
- AWL is proud to be funded by our generous community and now, more than ever, we are relying on your donations to care for the lost, abandoned and desperate animals in our care.
- Through these trying times, lonely and unloved animals will still need our care, so please give to animals in need.
- Click here to help a kitten, puppy, cat or dog in need.