Education & Awareness
The AWL will ensure the most current national and international pet information and best practice teaching methods are included in our program which will deliver the best options and outcomes for current and future pet owners.
The aims of the AWL Education and Awareness Program are;
- To educate, encourage and support people to meet the needs and welfare of companion animals
- To educate, encourage and support people to be responsible pet owners
- To connect pets with caring and safe homes
- To create a community that embraces and values pets
The AWL Education and Awareness Program provides;
- Excursions to the AWL for both schools and community groups
- AWL Tours for community, business, school and tertiary groups.
- Presentations at your site
- Workshops for primary schools at your site
- Education support for school and tertiary research projects
The AWL Education and Awareness Program is facilitated by the Pet Education Specialist and has been specifically designed to engage and inform the community about responsible pet ownership.