Reasons to Confine Your Cat
- It cannot get lost
- It cannot get run over
- It cannot annoy your neighbours and cause destructive neighbourhood relationships
- It reduces the chance of getting involved in fights with other cats or dogs; therefore vet bills are reduced
- There is less chance of picking up diseases from other cats, especially strays, such as feline aids or feline enteritis
- It cannot be trapped and taken to a shelter as a 'stray' by annoyed neighbours.
- Indoor cats are generally cleaner than outside cats, therefore they require less grooming.
- There is a smaller chance of it picking up parasites such as fleas and worms.
- Confined cats cannot kill native fauna or other animals
- Inside cats tend to be more placid and relate better to owners, giving more affection
Your cat can live a long, healthy and happy life completely indoors provided you supply them with:
- A litter tray per cat that is cleaned out daily
- Clean fresh water
- Nutritionally balanced commercial cat food
- At least one Scratch Pole
- A few cat toys. See 'Boredom Busters'
- A Sunny window sill or two to watch the world go by
- Your love and attention