A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not for profit organisation AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered and abandoned animals and our staff committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Animal Care Coordinator to join our team working across intake, dog rehoming and cat rehoming. This position is responsible for the effective coordination, engagement, integration and orientation of animal care staff and for providing ongoing training and mentoring to the team.
As an Animal Care Coordinator, you will ensure the provision of high-quality care to all animals at AWL, and provide leadership and supervision to the animal care staff and volunteers.
* This is a permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours a week with one in two weekends required. The role will be based across our Wingfield and Edinburgh North sites.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in an animal care or related field, is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in animal related issues particularly relating to animal welfare.
- Proven experience coordinating teams of staff and volunteers to achieve desired outcomes in required timeframes and building a positive culture.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- High level of professionalism with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to operate within a highly structured environment with a focus on policies, procedures and implementing programs.
- Experience performing operational and personnel management functions in order to effectively utilise the material and human resources associated to the Animal Care Centre.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills and proficient in database management.
- Experience with databases including ShelterMate / ShelterBuddy is highly desirable.
- Willingness to work at any AWL site or location.
- This role does include a minimum of one in two weekends and public holidays as required.
- Applicants must be functionally assessed to ensure physical ability to complete the physical demands of the position.
- Additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance in accordance with AWL Policy.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Discounted pet boarding, adoptions and cremation services in accordance with AWL policy.
- 20% discount on retail products from the AWL Pet Shop.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
For further information including the Job and Person Specification, please click the button below!
If you are passionate about connecting pets, people and community, we want to hear from you!
Applications for this position must include the following:
- Cover Letter introducing yourself and addressing the ‘Person Specification’ section within the Job and Person Specification.
- A Curriculum Vitae including a minimum of two current referees with email addresses.
Applications are to be addressed to Luisa Dickson, Business Partner – People, Culture and Safety.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Ashleigh Acheson, Wingfield Feline Manager at Ashleigh.Acheson@awl.org.au or phone 0419 499 068.
Applications close: 4 June 2023