A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not for profit organisation the AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered and abandoned animals with our staff committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Animal and Customer Care Attendant you will provide high quality care and support to all animals and customers through the provision of:
- Performing animal care tasks such as cleaning enclosures, feeding, exercising and monitoring animals.
- Daily data entry, completing accurate documentation and maintaining databases with a high level of attention to detail.
- Attending to AWL frontline customer service and telephone enquiries.
- Coordinating and processing ID trace, lost and found, animal adoptions, booking veterinary services appointments, cremations, surrenders and intake of animals.
- Cleaning and hygiene duties at the Animal Care Centre and Edinburgh North Shelter.
Please note, these are casual roles and days/hours will vary according to business needs.
We are seeking individuals who can connect with our vision and mission and possess the following:
- A strong drive for positive change, and a passion for making a difference.
- A positive, compassionate attitude towards animals and each other.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Exceptional organisational skills with an emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in highly emotive situations involving animals and members of our community.
A Certificate II in Animal Studies is desirable.
- Required to work at any AWL site or location (Wingfield and Edinburgh North).
- This role is required to work over a 7-day roster and penalty rates will apply for weekend shifts.
- Appointment is subject to a functional assessment to ensure physical ability to complete the physical demands of the position.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance in accordance with AWL Policy.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Discounted pet boarding, adoptions and cremation services in accordance with AWL policy.
- 20% discount on retail products from the AWL Pet Shop.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
For further information including the Job and Person Specification, please click the button below.
If you are passionate about connecting pets, people and community, we want to hear from you!
Applications for this position must include the following:
- Cover Letter (no more than two pages) introducing yourself, why you are applying for this position and addressing the five dot points under the ‘About You’ section.
- Curriculum Vitae including a minimum of two current referees with email addresses.
Applications are to be addressed to the General Manager - People, Culture and Safety. To apply via SEEK, please click here.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Natasha Marginis, Intake Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 499 068.
Applications close: Thursday 18 August 2022