A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not for profit organisation AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered and abandoned animals with our staff committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Asset Facilities Officer is a newly created position within the Procurement and Facilities team and will support the Procurement and Facilities Coordinator to deliver an efficient and professional facility management function, providing exemplary levels of service for internal and external customers.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Deliver quality customer service to AWL employees, volunteers and external parties, and always represent AWL in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely data processing and administrative support for the range of duties undertaken across Finance, Procurement and Facilities.
- Assist in the maintenance, tracking, allocation and replacement of all AWL Assets.
- Facilitate the induction, supervision and safe practice of contractors including maintaining insurance and training documentation.
- Facilitate and coordinate the maintenance of all AWL owned and leased properties and spaces.
- Coordinate and administer reported IT issues.
Coordinate the maintenance of AWL vehicle fleet including services and repairs, registrations and insurances and replacement or upgrade.
- Ensure that all asset, facilities, and equipment activity is performed according to relevant codes and safety legislation and regulations.
- Maintain registers of properties, equipment, assets, and contractors Asset recovery for better record keeping.
- Support the development and implementation of better practice of procedures and management initiatives.
- Assist with procurement and warehousing functions if/when required.
- Undertake other position appropriate duties as assigned/directed.
This is a Full-Time position requiring you to work 75 hours a fortnight.
Procurement and Facilities department is looking for a team-orientated and adaptable individual who can connect with AWL’s vision and mission and possesses the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a customer focused facility, procurement, stock control or administrative support role.
- Demonstrated ability to organise personal work schedule and manage competing priorities within set timeframes in a demanding and diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all stakeholders to achieve individual and team KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to take prompt action to solve problems and be proactive towards addressing future matters before they arise.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement and innovation by identifying opportunities to do things better, developing ideas with others and addressing the practicalities of change.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an outcome focus.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Demonstrated flexibility, professionalism and reliability with a focus on delivering efficient and quality customer service outcomes.
- Ability to interact with computer systems efficiently and adapt to changes in technology and/or systems when they occur.
- Some flexibility with working hours and additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
- Travel may be required across AWL sites and other locations.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
- A current forklift licence is required and/or willing to obtain one upon commencement.
- Applicants must be functionally assessed to ensure physical ability to complete the physical demands of the position.
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate / National Police Check (NPC) at commencement of employment and periodically at the request of AWL.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Discounted pet boarding, adoptions and cremation services in accordance with AWL policy.
- 20% discount on retail products from the AWL Pet Shop.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
For full role responsibilities and further information please see the Position Description below.
If you are passionate about connecting pets, people, and community, we want to hear from you!
Applications for this position must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the ‘About You’ criteria above. Also, include a resume with two (2) current referees and their email addresses.
Applications are to be addressed to Rick Kluge, General Manager, Corporate and Commercial Services. Head to Seek to apply now!
For enquiries about the position, please contact Cassandra Nemeth at Cassandra.Nemeth@awl.org.au or phone (08) 8348 1354.
Applications close: 5:00pm on Wednesday 31 May 2023.