Education & Awareness
Considerable time has been invested in the development of the AWL Pet Education Program in the past 12 months. The AWL will ensure the most current national and international pet information and best practice teaching methods are included in our program which will deliver the best options and outcomes for pet owners.
The aims of the AWL Pet Education Program are;
- To educate, encourage and support people to meet the needs and welfare of companion animals
- To educate, encourage and support people to be responsible pet owners
- To connect pets with caring and safe homes
- To create a community that embraces and values pets
The AWL Pet Education Program provides;
- AWL Tours for community, business, school and tertiary groups.
- Presentations for community and business groups
- Education support for school and tertiary projects and research assignments
The tours are part of the AWL Pet Education Program and are facilitated by the Pet Education Specialist. Tours have been specifically designed to engage and inform the community about responsible pet ownership. Tours are tailored to suit your group’s needs and can include activities such as an information session, a tour of the facility, interactions with animals and making pet enrichment toys.
Register your details for AWL tours and/or the Pet Education Program
and our Pet Education Specialist will contact you.
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY