Are you passionate about animal welfare and looking for a way to support animals in need and give back to the community? AWL’s volunteers play a crucial role in our everyday operations. Their support and dedication help us find happy homes for lost or abandoned pets, reunite pets and their families and foster animals in their homes.
AWL is currently recruiting Intake Enrichment Officers to support with our animals and provide them with enrichment, attention, comfort and socialisation. If you’d like to spend time with animals in our care and ultimately help on their journey to adoption then please fill out an application!
If you are looking for a rewarding voluntary opportunity to help animal in need, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a volunteer with the following skills, abilities and experience to fill this volunteer role:
- Strong interest in working with animals
- High level of commitment and reliability
- Ability and willingness to attend appropriate training as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven reliability and punctuality
- A positive, can do attitude
- Animal handling skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision but also able to follow direction and work in a small team
The Intake Enrichment Officers will work in the animal pens and will be able to:
- Follow enrichment plans and record observations
- Provide animals with appropriate social interaction and toy play
- Maintain and prepare enrichment tools, e.g. make cat wands, fill Kongs, maintain cat grass, and enrichment boxes to appropriate animals
- Clean and sterilise enrichment equipment as needed
Expressions of Interest for the Intake Enrichment Officer position must be accompanied by a letter covering suitability for the role and ability to meet the criteria.
Please address your resume and cover letter to the Outreach Manager and email to:
For enquiries, please contact the Outreach Manager, Lisa Kellett at 8348 1330