Animal Welfare League (AWL) brings together lost and abandoned pets and caring humans to create happy homes where everyone feels loved. We reunite lost dogs and cats with their human family, provide temporary shelter through our foster care program and support thousands of responsible owners by boarding their pets. For those grieving the loss of a faithful companion, our cremation and memorial team offers ways to say goodbye and celebrate the joy their pet brought to their lives.
AWL's Animal Care Centre at Cormack Rd, Wingfield is the base for most AWL services, including adoptions, vet care, lost cats and pet boarding. Reclaiming dogs is via our facility at Hewittson Rd, Edinburgh North. AWL's pet crematorium is next door at Hewittson Rd.
We connect people, pets and community by
- Encouraging and supporting people to be informed and responsible pet owners
- Connecting pets with safe and happy homes
- Helping the community understand the value of owning a pet
Create opportunities; We strive to give every healthy cat and dog a second chance.
Show compassion; We treat all animals and people with warmth, passion, dignity and respect.
Be optimistic; We focus on what’s possible, staying positive, calm and realistic
Share knowledge; We share with each other and the community everything we know about best practice animal care.
Walk the talk; We’re trustworthy, transparent, honest and work hard to put our beliefs into action.
To succeed in this role the person must have:
- 2+ years experience in a relevant marketing or communications discipline.
- High level of expertise with the necessary software, including Creative Cloud suite and other content creation software, Microsoft Office suite, digital and social media advertising platforms, and website content management systems;
- Demonstrated track record of success in a not-for-profit marketing or communications role.
- Experience in writing for a range of audiences, including writing media releases, articles, digital content and social media posts.
- Demonstrated ability to be well organised, use initiative and establish priorities, manage workloads and meet deadlines with exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to communicate successfully at all levels with internal and external stakeholders, using sound judgement, sensitivity, creativity and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively across all levels of AWL to achieve shared objectives.
Please address your application to Sam Jacklin, General Manager of Fundraising and Marketing and apply via Seek - https://www.seek.com.au/job/55...https://www.seek.com.au/job/55...https://www.seek.com.au/job/55...
Applications for the Marketing & Communications Officer position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Monday 31 January 2022