AWL creates happy homes for stray and abandoned animals, including pets whose owners can no longer care for them.
We reunite lost dogs and cats with their human family, provide temporary shelter through our foster care program and support thousands of responsible owners by boarding their pets. For those grieving the loss of a faithful companion, our cremation team offers ways to say goodbye.
About the position
Reporting to General Manager Animal Operations, this is a full-time position with some weekend work required.
This position is responsible for the effective engagement, integration and orientation of all volunteers within the Animal Operations team, and providing ongoing training and mentoring.
The Outreach Manager will implement volunteer and foster management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, to understand and ensure effective implementation of AWL Animal Operations Volunteer, Foster Care and Rescue programs.
You'll be responsible for providing exceptional people leadership and communication.
Education, experience and skills.
- Two or more years experience in volunteer program administration
- Two or more years experience in large-scale animal shelters
- Proven experience in program implementation and the development of robust volunteer programs
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working within a team of animal care workers and professionals
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time efficiently
- Ability to manage change effectively and positively
- Ability to work across different teams
- Independent and analytical thinker
- Professional and confident approach in meetings/discussions
- Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations
- Ability to generate new ideas and use own initiative to identify solutions
- Assertive and steadfast when facing challenges
How to apply
Please address your application to the General Manager - People, Culture & Safety and email email@example.com
Applications for the Outreach Manager position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close: COB Friday 18th June 2021