Purchasing and Stores Officer
Part-time Position Available
We have an exciting opportunity to join our fast-paced dynamic team and enjoy the benefit and satisfaction in contributing to our not for profit organisation.
At the Animal Welfare League (AWL), we value the lives of people and pets, and encourage a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be part of a team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
About the position
We are looking for a dynamic and team-orientated person to work in our Procurement and Stores Department on a permanent part-time basis. This role offers 3 shifts a week of 5 hours per day, commencing at 9.30am (15 hours per week). Initially, the days to be worked will be Tuesday to Thursday, however, this will change to Tuesday, Thursday and Friday after 2 months.
Reporting to the Procurement and Stores Coordinator, the Purchasing and Stores Officer will:
- Provide support to the Procurement and Stores Coordinator in all aspects of purchasing and store inventory
- Provide exemplary levels of service for internal and external customers
- Have strong attention to detail with an outcome focus
- Undertake data processing and administrative support for a range of duties
- Demonstrated high-level computer skills and advanced competency with excel and word
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications and programs
- Have a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure all inbound calls, emails and enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Support the development and implementation of better practices
- Receive incoming orders by offloading trucks and delivery vans utilising a forklift and or sack truck
- Be physically fit and have the capacity to safely lift heavy objects on a repetitive basis
Please address your application to the Acting People, Culture & Safety Advisor and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the Purchasing and Stores Officer positions must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Previous applicants need not apply
Applications close: COB Friday 8th January 2020