A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not-for-profit organisation AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered, and abandoned animals with our employees committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Veterinarian will work closely with the Animal Care team and Head Veterinarian to ensure that AWL remains at the forefront of providing innovative and quality services to the animals in our care by ensuring the provision of quality veterinary services across all AWL sites.
This is an opportunity to be part of one of the most dynamic and supportive shelter veterinary teams in South Australia. We provide critical services to animals arriving to our care by ensuring the health and welfare needs are met and are of the highest standards.
Our modern $20m shelter at Wingfield has a purpose-built vet clinic has two operating theatres with three heated surgical tables, five consult rooms, separate cat and dog wards, IM3 dental machine, V5 anaesthetic monitoring, in-house bloods, digital x-ray, low stress animal enclosures and fear free design features.
We are seeking a full-time veterinarian to be a major contributor in our veterinary clinic.
- 37.5 hours per week, working across a seven (7) day roster including weekends and public holidays.
We are looking for a qualified veterinarian who has exceptional communication skills and can collaboratively work with a diverse range of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who has:
- Formal veterinary qualification and current registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of issues relating to animal welfare.
- Demonstrate business acumen.
- Commitment to maintaining a positive culture that connects with the mission, vision and strategic direction of AWL.
- Ability to learn, prioritise tasks and demonstrate effective time management skills to meet required timelines.
- Proven experience working effectively both independently and as part as team to achieve individual and team KPIs.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability in applying rational objectivity and being empathetic in a sensitive environment.
- Ability to undertake a thorough and methodical approach when carrying out all work tasks/duties.
- Some flexibility with working hours will be required. This includes working across a seven (7) day roster including weekends and public holidays.
- Additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
- Ability to work across any AWL site or location.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate / National Police Check (NPC) at commencement of employment and periodically at the request of AWL.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Discounted pet boarding, adoptions and cremation services in accordance with AWL policy.
- 20% discount on retail products from the AWL Pet Shop.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
For further information including the Job and Person Specification, please hit the button below.
If you are passionate about connecting pets, people and community, we want to hear from you!
Applications for this position must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Also, include a resume with two (2) current referees and their email addresses.
Applications are to be addressed to Luisa Dickson, General Manager, People, Culture and Safety. Hit APPLY now!
For a confidential discussion, please call Dr. Jo Powell, interim Chief Executive Officer on 0466 826 989.
Applications close: Tuesday 28 March 2023