Shelter Vet Nurse Permanent Full Time Wingfield SA
- An exciting and rare opportunity is available for fully qualified Veterinary Nurse to join AWL’s team.
- 37.5 hrs week
- Monday to Friday 8am-4pm including one in four weekends
- Working in a team of 5.4 FTE vet nurses and 3.4 FTE vets
This is an opportunity to be part of one of the most dynamic and supportive shelter veterinary teams in South Australia. We provide critical services to animals arriving into our care by ensuring the health and welfare needs are met and are of the highest standards.
We do not offer veterinary services to the public, so interaction with clients is limited to foster care consultations only.
About our Animal Care Centre
Our brand new $20m shelter at Wingfield has a purpose-built vet clinic with two operating theatres, three heated surgical tables, large prep/treatment area, wet table, five consult rooms, separate cat and dog wards, IM3 dental machine, V5 anaesthetic monitoring, in-house bloods, digital x-ray, low stress animal enclosures and fear free design features.
The vet nurses form an integral part of the veterinary team, and work closely with the vets and Animal Care Staff.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced veterinary nurse with a wide and varied set of skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who has;
- Cert IV in veterinary nursing or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years veterinary nursing experience
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of medical and surgical veterinary nursing
- Outstanding animal handling skills
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities
- Shelter experience (preferred but not essential)
For a confidential discussion, please call Natasha Marginis on 0404 113 824
Please address your application to the People, Culture & Safety Advisor and email it to email@example.com
Applications for this position should be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close: Friday 15th January 2021