What to do if I lose my pet?
Having a pet go missing is never an easy experience but there are some important steps you can take to help ensure you are reunited quickly. Click on the relevant button so we can give you most appropriate help.
Lost Pet Checklist
- Notify your local council
- Contact your local/family and after hours vet, and visit animal shelters: AWL 8348 1300 and the RSPCA 1300 477 722
- Visit the Lost Pets of South Australia and the Lost Dogs of Adelaide Facebook pages
- Lodge a Lost Pet Report that will be published on our website - This is used the help the AWL identify and match lost and found pets
- Post a photo, description, location and details on social media including lost pet pages
- Print off ‘Lost’ flyers of your pet to place around your local area including shopping centres - You can do this from you Lost Pet listing
- Check in with your neighbours, local schools, shopping centres and other nearby locations
- Make sure if your pet is microchipped that the details are up-to-date