Having a pet go missing is never a comfortable experience, but there are some steps you can take to help reunite you as quickly as possible.
- Report your pet as missing to your council
- Check the list of Council Stray Pets and AWL's list of Found Pets
- Lodge a Lost Pet Report
- Post a photo and message on social media including Lost Pets of South Australia Facebook page
- Check with your neighbours – has your pet paid them a visit?
- Contact vet clinics and other animal shelters including RSPCA on 1300 477 722
- Put up flyers around your area.
- Check that your contact details are up-to-date on your pet's microchip at Dogs and Cats Online