What to do if I lose my dog
Having a pet go missing is never an easy experience, but there are some important steps you can take to help ensure you are reunited quickly.
AWL has partnerships with a number of Councils to provide pound facilities for lost and stray dogs. Stray dogs cared for by AWL cannot be released without Councils authorisation, and AWL has no discretion to vary Councils impound and release procedures. Please follow these steps if you have lost your pet:
- Please view the Council Stray Pets listing below to check if your pet has been found by the Council and brought to AWL.
- Please view the Stray Pets listing below for pets brought into AWL.
- If you find your dog, please click on the pet profile and follow the details on how to collect them.
- If you cannot find your dog in the Council Stray Pets or Stray Pets listings, please complete a lost pet report LODGE YOUR LOST PET REPORT
- You can also view other lost pets on our LOST PET NOTICEBOARD
PLEASE NOTE: The AWL partners with various councils across Adelaide to care for your pet while impounded by the council. Please ensure you contact your local council regarding your lost pet.
Find your Pet
Check to see if we or the council has found your pet.