A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not for profit organisation AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered and abandoned animals with our staff committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER ROLE
The Marketing and Fundraising team are looking for a Marketing Volunteer to assist in the promotion of AWL and its operations, including adoptions, cremations, boarding and thrift shops.
* For this volunteer role a commitment of one day per week will be required.
The Marketing and Fundraising team are seeking a reliable and creative volunteer who possesses the following:
- Demonstrates AWL’s vision, mission and beliefs when carrying out all tasks and when engaging with other staff, volunteers and the public.
- Excellent communication.
- High-level photography and videography skills (experience in working with animals is desirable).
- High-level design skills including experience with Canva and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organisation skills.
- Reliable and professional with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative and multitask.
- Working towards completion of a Marketing, Communications or similar type qualification is desirable.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance in accordance with AWL Policy.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Commitment of one day per week will be required.
For the role description, please click the button below.
Expressions of interest for the Marketing Volunteer role must be accompanied with:
- A portfolio of your photo, video or design work.
- A resume with two (2) current referees and their email addresses.
Please address your application to Anthony Cochrane, Marketing and Communications Manager and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries, please contact Anthony Cochrane on 0488 196 633 or email Anthony.Cochrane@awl.org.au
Applications close: Friday 26 August 2022