Step 1: consider what you're looking for in your future kitty
Your lifestyle and home will guide the type, age and personality of the cat you adopt.
Things to think about:
- How much time will you have to spend with your kitty?
- Are you looking for an active kitten or relaxed older cat?
- Does anyone in your home have allergies or other needs to consider?
- Do you have time for grooming a long-haired cat daily?
- Do you already have pets, and how will you introduce them to your new feline friend?
- Do you have time to dedicate to training a new kitten?
- How much space do you have in your home –will your cat have a safe spot to sleep?
- Will your cat be indoors only, or will they have access to a secure outdoor area too?
Step 2: look on our adoption site
Now that you've figured out the type and age of cat that will suit your home – read about their personalities and see their pictures.
Head here to see all of our available pets
Step 3: visit the cat you've picked
You'll need to bond with your new pet, so head down and visit them. Bring anyone else in your home who'll guide your decision – everyone's got to love their new fur-baby as much as you do.
If they're the pawfect match and you're ready to take them home, let our team know. You can adopt your newest family member that very same day. How exciting!
Otherwise, if you need some time to think about it, prepare your home or bring other family members down, you can place the cat on a 24-hour hold.
Step 4: adopt them and take them home
It's time for you and your pet to start a new chapter together.
By adopting from AWL, your new fur-baby is already desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea treated, wormed and pawsitively ready to get settled in. Thank you for giving your cat the second chance they deserve.
Read more about the adoption process and what you'll need to bring here