A South Australia where every pet has a loving home is Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc. (AWL) vision and this is achieved through valuing the lives of people and pets and encouraging a community that values the human-animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
As a not for profit organisation AWL operates as the state's largest animal shelter with more than 7,000 incoming animals a year. Our purpose is to re-home lost, surrendered and abandoned animals with our staff committed to our mission of connecting pets, people and community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Service Quality Officer is responsible for assisting in the delivery of high-quality products and services, the implementation and monitoring of Quality control systems, and the timely and effective liaison with vet partners.
- Complete all tasks efficiently and with a high level of accuracy.
- Assess stock requirements and process relevant purchase orders.
- Ensure correct cash handling, reconciliation of daily receipts, banking, invoicing and posting are undertaken.
- Assist with the update and maintenance of operational systems.
- Ensure high-quality customer experience, respond to customer feedback, flag potential issues or trends, and follow up and satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Conduct high quality face to face customer service including private viewings of deceased animals.
- Efficiently answer and manage inbound and outbound telephone calls and emails in a timely and efficient manner, with minimal wait times.
- Conduct the receipt of all deliveries of goods and deceased pets from owners and the pickup of pet ashes and memorial products.
- Ensure service quality and operational compliance requirements are met and identify potential improvements.
- Ensure all the relevant financial activities are timely and accurate.
- Ensure required tasks are completed to an appropriate standard.
- Conduct inventory stocktakes to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
Achieve performance standards in line with KPI’s and service level agreements.
This is a part time position at 27 hours per week. Working over a 7-day roster, public holidays and on call work may be required. This role is based at Edinburgh North.
The Cremations Department is looking for team-orientated and adaptable individuals who can connect with AWL’s vision and mission and possesses the following:
- Experience in Production, Logistic and/or Customer Service industries.
- Demonstrable skills in customer-centric service provision including understanding of customer expectations and needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven attributes including professionalism, reliable and trustworthy with a mature outlook.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within and across teams to achieve individual and team KPIs.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to learn, organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to identify problems and assist in developing solutions, escalate if required.
- Intermediate computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Some flexibility with working hours and additional hours including on call may be required to meet business needs.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
- A current forklift licence is required or willingness to obtain one upon commencement.
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate / National Police Check (NPC) at commencement of employment and periodically at the request of AWL.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Discounted pet boarding, adoptions and cremation services in accordance with AWL policy.
- 20% discount on retail products from the AWL Pet Shop.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
For full role responsibilities and further information please see the Position Description below.
If you are passionate about connecting pets, people, and community, we want to hear from you!
Applications for this position must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the ‘About You’ criteria above. Also, include a resume with two (2) current referees and their email addresses.
Applications are to be addressed to Rick Kluge, General Manager, Corporate and Commercial Services. Head to SEEK to apply now!
For enquiries about the position, please contact Rick Kluge at Rick.Kluge@awl.org.au or phone (08) 8348 1360.
Applications close: 11 June 2023